Hearst Television is seeking a multi-talented content producer to join its News Video Curation Team. This producer will be responsible for researching, pitching, writing and working with video editors to ensure that each project is executed to perfection. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a high news IQ, experience writing original digital content, love for storytelling and has an ability to do light video editing for stringouts or perform voiceovers. This role reports to the News Video Curation Manager. This position can based in New York or Pittsburgh, or in any other Hearst Television market.
News Video Curation Team
The central goal of the News Video Curation Team is to create original video content that utilizes the vast reporting from Hearst Television's news stations across the country. The team produces an explainer show called Clarified, which blends animation, B-Roll and VO to break down complex topics in the news. Clarified episodes are published on the Very Local YouTube channel, all Hearst Television websites and shared on all Hearst Television Facebook pages. The team also produces Stitch, which brings the inspiring stories that connect us all (from our talented reporters across the country), to our viewers. Stitch is available on Hearst's Very Local streaming platform as well as linear channels. The team is at the frontline of new and exciting projects, and a fresh perspective can help elevate new concepts.
• Research, pitch, write and edit scripts for digital platforms and television
• Gather and maintain assets for scripts
• Maintain and manage prescribed deadlines
• Conduct interviews
• Collaborate with editors to communicate the goal of each piece
• Assist editors at times by creating pre-production stringouts
• Write accompanying articles for each piece
• Added bonus if you have experience with voiceover and narration
• 2-4 years of relevant experience writing scripts for national audiences
• Strong understanding of digital video trends, platforms and formats; YouTube and OTT experience a plus
• A passion for impactful storytelling and news, with a talent for giving stories a long shelf life
• Proven ability to write compelling narratives that keep the viewer engaged
• Excellent news judgment and an instinct for identifying stories that will resonate
• A desire to experiment, think outside the box and challenge conventional ideas
• Strong writing, reporting, research and production skills
• Deep knowledge of AP style and grammar
• Experience using Adobe Premiere or similar video-editing software a plus
• Experience in a television newsroom a plus, but not necessity.
• Exhibit a positive, ambitious mentality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj955w-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.