Vice President, Digital News
New York, NY
Hearst Television seeks a dynamic, digital Jack or Jill of all trades: a writer-producer to help find new and creative ways to bring the local reporting from HTV's 26 local news stations to national audiences. The writer/producer will be responsible for researching, pitching, writing and editing longform scripts and videos on a variety of subjects. The ideal candidate has a passion for video storytelling and making local news content accessible and interesting to a wide national audience.
This role reports to the Amplify team manager and is based in New York City or Pittsburgh.
• Research, pitch, write and edit scripts for digital and television
• Gather and maintain assets for scripts
• Maintain and manage prescribed deadlines, while thriving in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
• Report on and interview subjects
• Optimize, edit and publish videos for digital platforms
• 3-4 years of relevant experience writing scripts for national audiences
• Strong understanding of digital video trends, platforms and formats, YouTube and OTT experience a plus
• A passion for storytelling and news, with a talent for giving stories a long shelf life
• Proven ability to write compelling narratives that keep the viewer engaged
• Excellent news judgment and an instinct for identifying stories that will resonate
• A desire to experiment, think outside the box and challenge conventional ideas
• Strong writing, reporting, research and production skills
• Deep knowledge of AP style and grammar
• Experience using Adobe Premiere or similar video-editing software
• On-camera experience and interest a plus
• Exhibit a tenacious, upstart mentality
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.