- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Clevver, the number one YouTube-based digital programming brand for young women, is looking for a Content Manager to manage the news and show publishing process across all platforms. The Content Manager will contribute editorially on stories to cover and how to cover them, based on the data analytics of video content on YouTube including views, watch time, video shares, net subscribers, comments, likes, dislikes, and demographics of viewers.
This role will be remote to start, and will eventually work out of our Santa Monica, CA offices. Due to the news-based nature of the position, the role will work non-traditional hours starting in the early morning (6am) and ending in the early afternoon. Evenings and weekends will be occasionally required.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements.
What You'll Do
• Manage the news and show publishing process across all platforms.
• Contribute editorially on what stories to cover, and how to cover them, based on data analytics of video content on YouTube: views, watch time, video shares, net subscribers, comments, likes, dislikes, and demographics of viewers.
• Pitch stories informed by analytics and past successes.
• Compile assets such as pictures, videos and music through Getty Images, WENN and social media for the video editors.
• Upload content to Clevver's YouTube channel for various shows including Newsfeed, Daily Hollywood Rundown, Rumor Patrol and Listed and manage the publishing process.
• Adjust video settings including content tags, monetization, end screens and annotations depending on trending topics and occasional sponsorships to increase the number of views and subscriptions to the channel.
• Create video thumbnails on Adobe Photoshop for each individual show and use action shots whenever possible to capture audience attention.
Who You Are
• A Bachelor's degree is required.
• You have 2+ years prior experience in Content Management, Publishing on YouTube and/or Digital Distribution.
• You LOVE the entertainment industry and keep up with the latest news and trends.
• You have the ability to track and research performance analytics and create reports.
• You have a proficient understanding of Digital Rights Management, including what usage of materials constitutes fair use for News reporting and how to effectively communicate these concepts.
• You have a strong understanding of market research and reaching target audiences.
• You are meticulous when it comes to details, organized and able to complete requests within an allotted time frame.
• You are an excellent communicator with thorough follow-through skills and able to interact effectively with others.
• You are flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, chaotic environment.
• You are 100% committed to getting a job done, whatever it takes.
• You love to collaborate and learn and are able to advise/improve upon internal product.
• You are well-versed in Adobe Photoshop.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.