Food Director, Delish
New York, NY
Content Associate Editor- Temp/Part time (20 hours/week), Australia
As Content Associate Editor, you will be responsible for producing content for the Cosmopolitan website and social platforms for our audience in Australia. In this role, you will generate brand awareness and drive traffic to the site by thoughtfully curating and creating content to publish on a daily basis.
What you will do:
• Conceptualize, pitch, write, and publish compelling content tailored to the Australian market, making sure to maintain a mix of trends, news, essays, and features
• Localize syndicated content from US and UK sites for Australian audiences, including making appropriate spelling/linguistic changes as well as adapting culturally as needed
• Manage social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok
• Use data/analytics tools to inform content strategy
• Ensure consistency of style and voice across all platforms
Who You Are
• You have a strong understanding and knowledge of Australian culture and pop culture, including celebrity, sex & relationships, entertainment, politics, beauty & style, and health & fitness; Australian native or time spent living in Australia preferred
• Ideally, you have experience writing and producing digital content for a young women's lifestyle brand
• You have 1-3 years professional editorial experience with p roven ability to manage hectic daily content quotas and deadlines
• You have a passion for digital media and well-versed in a content management system
• You have a high level of design sophistication and strong typography skills; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
• You know how to use performance metrics to set revenue and traffic goals; mastery of common analytics tools like Google Analytics is required, with a willingness to learn custom tools used at Hearst
• You have a deep understanding of SEO strategy and ability to plan for news, seasonal, and evergreen content
• Familiarity with social media, as well as analytic tools like CrowdTangle and DashHudson
• Ability to implement e-commerce and affiliate revenue strategies
• You describe yourself as a Self-motivated and independent worker
• Ability to work flexible hours
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkn03-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.