Your Impact: The Hearst Enthusiast Group's Art Department is seeking a photo and product-obsessed Commerce Photo Editor. This person will be responsible for the production and distribution of editor-generated digital photography for the Enthusiast Group brands (Best Products, Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Runner's World). This role works closely with the Photo Department and Digital Design team to lead and instruct all editors creating original content for the brand's websites and assists in the workflow and production processes for content creation. This person will also manage submitted images (Digital Asset Management), and edit and insert/place photos into stories while working with the teams to update and repurpose existing imagery digital content.
This position requires a passion for the visual image, an interest in media communications, art and commerce, SEO, and as a bonus, also has an affinity for running, riding, science, tech, outdoors, and/or DIY. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience producing visual content within the editorial and/or journalism space and needs to be a strong communicator, a self-starter and to have a good eye.
This role is based in Easton, Pennsylvania. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with salary requirements. A cover letter and a link to a portfolio of visual work is encouraged.
What You Will Do:
• Work with the Enthusiast Group Test Team Photo staff and Art Department to concept and art direct editor's images for the digital space
• Develop best practices and visuals/mood boards for user-generated content
• Coordinate with editors on upcoming articles and visual content
• Edit, tag and upload files to the Digital Asset Management system
• Maintain an organized collection of images for print, digital and social use
Who You are:
• 2-3 years of professional experience art directing visual content for media/brands
• Interest and passion for photography, gear and products
• Familiarity with photo and design applications, retouching and editing
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to work independently and multi-task while meeting tight deadlines
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xmq8-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.