The Hearst Magazines Commerce Team is looking for a strategic, organized, data-driven Commerce Partnerships Manager to join our commerce team and help us manage and grow our network of affiliate partners. This role will be a key part of our centralized Commerce Team, which is responsible for developing and executing commerce strategies across our diverse portfolio of 25+ titles, including Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Runner's World, Good Housekeeping, Men's Health, and more.
The ideal candidate is confident negotiating and seeking out new brand partners to grow our affiliate commerce business. You'll have the opportunity to work with a wide-variety of merchants and retailers across categories. You should be skilled at making data-driven decisions and seeking out new opportunities based on content trends. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Commerce Partnerships. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format and include salary requirements.
What You'll Do
• Negotiate and launch new affiliate partnerships on behalf of Hearst's magazine brands. Manage day-to-day affiliate operations and serve as primary point person to partners and affiliate networks.
• Proactively seek out new partnership opportunities with a focus on diverse and independently owned businesses to develop partner database.
• Manage affiliate networks accounts and affiliate partners, including quality assurance of affiliate links, attribution and performance data, as well as rate changes and more.
• Work with editorial team on commerce initiatives, including onboarding new partners, communicating affiliate opportunities, negotiating rates, exclusive promotions, etc.
• Have a deep understanding of our existing commerce partnerships, tools, and offerings; communicate these to potential partners and internal stakeholders.
• Track performance of commerce partnerships; share feedback with editors and external contacts to monitor gains and losses.
• Provide merchant-level data and insights to cross-functional teams, including audience, business development, editorial, product, and marketing.
Who You Are
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-4 years experience in a business development, content strategy, or affiliate marketing role, preferably at a digital media or affiliate management company
• Highly detail and solutions-oriented, approaches problems creatively
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and is comfortable working independently
• Well-versed in building strong relationships and explaining complex topics in simple terms
• Experienced in analyzing data, interpreting results, and building digestible reports in Excel, Google Slides, and other BI tools.
• Familiar with Affiliate platforms (Rakuten, CJ, Impact Radius, Partnerize, Skimlinks, etc.)
The base salary for this role is between $74,000 to $95,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz87wn-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.