Associate Editor, Prevention
New York, NY
Why House Beautiful?
As the oldest continually published shelter magazine in the country, House Beautiful has been helping Americans live more beautifully for over 100 years. In our 125th anniversary year, we now engage audiences through our print magazine as well as our website-which draws 10 million monthly users-video content, and social media. We want to help people create a beautiful-and happy-home and showcase talented makers and unique brands.
House Beautiful is looking for an associate market editor, commerce to oversee multiple projects across both digital and print platforms. You will use your experience in ecommerce and digital media to grow ecomm revenue to housebeautiful.com by writing and producing SEO-driven shopping roundups, news coverage of sales, and creatively packaged shopping content through digital features and videos. You'll also contribute to shopping and market stories in our print magazine. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be received in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Strategize with the SEO and ecommerce teams to optimize ecomm content on housebeautiful.com and conceptualize new packages and ideas.
• Produce shopping roundups, buying guides, sales stories, and other ecommerce content.
• Assign and top-edit additional ecommerce content.
• Work with the video team on product-focused video content.
• Track ecomm goals and share data and progress with HB team.
• Work with the market director and style director to source product for print stories.
Who you are:
• Organized, digital-savvy, and comfortable with data-driven content creation.
• Passionate about (or passionate to learn about!) home design and style.
• Experienced in digital media, with 2 to 4 years of relevant editorial work experience.
• A sharp, clean writer and a creative editor.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.