Senior Editor, House Beautiful
New York, NY
Prevention is looking for an associate editor who is eager to contribute to the continued growth of our health and wellness brand. In this role, you will pitch daily news content, write several SEO articles per week, contribute to print and special projects, and play a crucial role in the brand's growth. You should write with style and be able to make science-backed advice relatable and compelling to a consumer audience. It's also important for our associate editor to use good judgment in selecting sources and studies to cover, be comfortable interviewing experts, and take accuracy very seriously. Please note: For consideration, resumes just be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write consumer-focused health and wellness content, including daily news, SEO articles, and print stories
• Pitch news content daily and service content weekly
• Take charge of at least two content buckets on our site, which may include mental health, fitness, relationships, or beauty
• Monitor traffic and data trends to understand what's resonating with our audience, and respond accordingly
• Work closely with the senior editor and the deputy editor on site strategy
Who you are:
• You have at least 2 years of post-grad experience in consumer digital editorial
• You have a demonstrated interested in health and wellness
• You are familiar with SEO strategy and the principles of data analytics
• You have an engaging writing voice and experience reporting
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.