The Hearst Digital Media Enthusiast Group is looking for a creative, talented, and knowledgeable associate editor for BestProducts.com. This editor will cover all things lifestyle, including gifting, sales, and deals, seasonal content, and more. Assignments may range from researching trendy Halloween costumes or covering the best sales during Prime Day, to writing about Oprah's Favorite Things and creating new gift guides. We want someone with strong opinions. There are a lot of products to weed through in the e-commerce space, and we need someone who can help our audience make smart decisions.
The ideal candidate will be immersed in the online shopping world, know what people of all ages and stages will buy online, and have a passion for using data to drive content creation. Relationships with PR and various experts are a huge plus. This person must have the ability to write informative yet entertaining copy that incorporates SEO and commerce best practices. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write and produce content roundups and/or product reviews, featuring researched and tested products in the lifestyle and gifting space.
• Update existing content, ensuring product launches, trends, and best-sellers are reflected.
• Work closely with the site director, SEO team, and commerce team to prioritize seasonal and evergreen content.
• Analyze and own your top performing content and best-selling products using data.
• Own gifting content strategy, from determining what needs to be updated when and what new guides must be created.
• Track national and international trends and produce relevant lifestyle content in a timely manner.
• Pitch clever ideas that put BestProducts.com front and center in the gifting and lifestyle space.
• Develop deep relationships with PR and sales.
Who you are:
• You have a bachelor's degree.
• You have about 3 years of post-grad experience in digital editorial or magazine writing and editing.
• You have previous experience writing sharp, engaging e-commerce content.
• You have the ability to work independently, are extremely detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• You have daily experience working within a CMS.
• You are proficient with Photoshop .
• You have experience with Google Analytics and other data-management platforms.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.