Editorial Assistant - Putnam
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Hearst Magazines is looking for an ambitious, organized, detail-oriented administrative assistant to provide support to two editorial executives, essentially doing whatever it takes to keep their offices running smoothly: schedule appointments; maintain calendars and keep the execs informed of their schedules; file expense reports on a timely basis and in keeping with Hearst's policies and procedures; meet and greet visitors (post-COVID); make and update travel arrangements; coordinate special events; send out invites; mail out issues; and other duties as assigned (research for specific projects; miscellaneous errands).
What you'll do:
• Manage calendars, phones, meetings, travel arrangements, and expenses.
• Coordinate staff events and meetings.
• Prepare corporate presentations.
• Provide pre-meeting research as needed for interviews/outside events.
• Execute general admin responsibilities (track down issues, handle gifts/cards for special moments, make reservations, etc.).
• Partner with the contracts department to ensure that freelancers are paid for assigned stories. • Act as liaison to industry contacts.
• Help manage large-scale editorial projects.
Who you are:
• You have very strong organizational, issue-resolution, and decision-making skills.
• You are a multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• You have sound judgment and discretion (need to handle confidential material).
• You have prior experience with administrative duties at a related role .
• You have knowledge of Powerpoint and Excel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj23jb-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.