The Good Housekeeping Institute is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join its team as an Assistant to the Institute Director. This entry-level role will primarily support the Good Housekeeping Institute's Director and assist with operations, logistics and content. The ideal candidate is hyper-organized and has an interest in product testing, research, project management and content creation across print and digital channels - and possesses an eagerness to support a wide variety of projects on a high-performing cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team that supports many groups within the broader Hearst organization.
This position reports to Good Housekeeping Institute Director.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and salary requirements.
What You'll Do:
• Support day-to-day operations and logistics, managing calendars and expenses, scheduling events and meetings, tracking and organizing projects, preparing presentations, coordinating tours or other space bookings, plus other related tasks.
• Provide pre-meeting research as needed for interviews/outside events, TV segments, photo, and video shoots and more.
• Execute general admin responsibilities to support the various teams within the Institute.
• Assist with product sample procurement and prep for in-lab and consumer testing, getting product samples ready for consumer trials, liaising with PR contacts for images and fact-checking, blinding, and sending out products, coordinating consumer testers, prepping, and organizing labs, post-test clean-up, and building online product reviews.
• Coordinate consumer research projects and surveys, assisting with data collection and creating research reports.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, current affairs, breaking news, key conferences, product recalls, and other outreach.
• Attend press events and news briefings, and act as liaison to industry contacts.
• Write and update/audit content for print, digital and events as needed.
Who You Are:
• You have a bachelor's degree.
• You have prior experience with administrative duties in a related role.
• You are an efficient, organized, deadline-driven person willing to push the envelope and work hard.
• You are a team player who wants to learn from others with an ability to juggle competing projects simultaneously and work collaboratively in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• You are interested in project-management, and solving problems using analytical reasoning and tools.
• You have excellent oral communications skills.
• You are passionate about science, technology, consumer products, research methods, data, analytics, storytelling, social media, publishing, trends, and news.
• You have experience with basic HTML, content management systems, blogging systems, and other software like PowerPoint and Excel.
• You have sound judgment and the discretion needed to handle confidential material.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7yxw-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.