Hearst Magazines is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented team player who loves the Oprah brand to join our fast-growing editorial team. The Assistant to the Creative Director will provide support to Oprah Daily's Creative Director. In addition to admin support, the Assistant to the Creative Director will help coordinate Oprah's Favorite Things, our annual gift guide, as well as assisting with monthly SEO fashion and style stories.
• Manage the Creative Director's extremely active calendar by scheduling and organizing meetings, appointments, and events
• Build digital stories for the Oprah Daily website
• Submit expense reporting and coordinate travel for the Creative Director
• Coordinate and assist with logistics behind the annual Oprah's Favorite Things project, including vendor communication and sweepstakes management
• Manage scheduling for the fashion and style department, including daily events, TV projects and run-throughs, while also working with other departments, including edit, art, photo, and advertising.
• You have a minimum of 1 year of administrative experience supporting a high-level executive in an editorial setting
• You have a familiarity with and a passion for the Oprah brand-and for our editorial mission to help our audience live with purpose
• You have exceptional organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail
• You are professional and have a strong sense of discretion and good judgment when handling confidential information and working with high-profile individuals
• You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
• You are an energetic, resourceful, proactive team player, and have the desire to grow and thrive in a fast-paced start-up team environment
• You have a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• You are skilled with the following programs and platforms: Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Teams), Keynote, Google Drive (Slides, Docs), Zoom, and are comfortable building files, troubleshooting existing systems, and learning new programs and software quickly
The base salary for this role is between $50,000 - $51,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3nmbn-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.