South Burlington, VT
Located in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, NBC5 (WPTZ-TV) is the leading source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you like spending winters on the ski slopes and summers on the water, then we're the market for you. And you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
We're looking for a high-energy weekend anchor/reporter who knows how to tell visual stories and can do active, engaging live shots. You'll be working in our brand new, state of the art newsroom and studio. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; our next anchor will tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor and grow producers and reporters. They write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live anchoring skills.
• Anchor weekend newscasts
• Report live from the field during the week
• Have an active presence on social media that engages the audience in a conversation
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Appearances on behalf of the station at public events in NY, VT and NH
• Past anchor experience preferred
• Past reporter experience required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Proven anchor with ability to connect with viewers
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Demonstrated ability with digital media and social media
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Military experience and training will be considered
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.