The Anchor/Reporter brings the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for a journalist who can report on a range of topics. Our next anchor/reporter will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots.
WESH 2 anchors are newsroom leaders who help elevate their co-workers. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute content to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Past anchor experience (2-5 years) required
• Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise stories
• Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers .
• Proven reporter who can tell a range of stories with an active and engaging presentation.
• Has a valid driver's license and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roon64-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.