Hearst Magazines is looking for an ambitious, organized, detail-oriented Administrative Assistant. In this role, you'll manage calendars, meetings, expenses, and contracts, and coordinate big and small staff events.
What you'll do
• Manage Editorial Director's calendar, travel plans, and expenses.
• Manage staff PTO calendar, distribution list, and print calendar.
• Coordinate staff events, meetings, and team trainings.
• Assist editors with travel reservations and questions.
• Address Easton office logistics and IT requests.
• Assist in planning and executing editorial and membership event and award submissions.
• Assist photo and test teams in coordinating product return to manufacturers.
• Review all external editorial content assignments and handle contract-request flow-communicating with assigning editors, Hearst legal team, and contributors-to ensure that copy/photo rights and model releases are secured before publication.
• Submit related temp-employee requests.
• Update Coda freelance contract codes and users.
• Manage timesheet input and approval through IQNavigator (for GES temps) and ADP (for Hearst temps).
• Execute general admin responsibilities (e.g. tracking down issues, handling gifts for special moments, making reservations, and more).
Who you are
• You have very strong organizational, issue-resolution, and decision-making skills.
• You are a multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• You have sound judgment and discretion (especially when handling confidential material).
• You have prior experience with administrative duties in a related role or internship.
• You have knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (or similar Google tools).
• You have exceptional time-management skills and are able to regularly meet deadlines.
• You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable corresponding with all levels across the organization.
• You have a keen interest in media, how it happens, and its ongoing evolution.
• Prior experience writing and reporting and/or organizing editorial projects is a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm3ko2-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.