The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising to local businesses and ad agencies and negotiating ratings and rates with ad agencies. This position will also bring in new business to advertise on the Radio, OTT, and web. The ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal-oriented team enviroment and has strong interpersonal skills. If you are motivated by an excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. We will provide the tools for powerful multi-platform marketing solutions that will create partnerships to retain and grow our existing and new client base - you provide sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and desire to WIN! If you want to work for the best, we want to hear from you today!
• Generate new business revenue across all platforms
• Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
• Manage inventory and protect station rate structure
• Develop new revenue through local business development
• Form strategic business and market partnerships
• Manage an active account and client list
• Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals
• Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies
• Create and deliver sales presentations to multulpe points of contact with client/agency personnel
• 3+ years of media sales experience preferred, plus an excellent understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
• Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Kantar or other commercial monitoring program, and Microsoft applications a plus
• Must possess a driver's license with a good driving record
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn8q2-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.