- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDo you want to join a premier multimedia company? When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but you will be a part of a progressive culture where your talents will be valued.
KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, is looking for a Bilingual Multimedia Sales Account Executive primarily focused on Estrella TV Costa Central sales.
Our group is the #1 media outlet in beautiful Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz. We provide the tools, method, and audience for you to build campaigns that deliver results.
We are looking for an Account Executive who will develop and maintain business on Television and digital platforms. The ideal candidate has sales experience, is a self-starter, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment, and has a desire to WIN! Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career, make a great living, and join a top company in the broadcast media industry? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
As an Account Executive, you will be expected to work both at the station as well as outside of the station making sales calls and/or visiting with clients or potential clients. Based in Salinas, CA, this position requires travel throughout the entire geographic area. In this hybrid position, you will meet with clients in-person and have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed.
• Generate business revenue, primarily on Estrella TV Costa Central, as well as our KSBW 8, Central Coast ABC, and Digital platforms.
• Manage and cultivate an active account list.
• Ensure all revenue goals are achieved.
• Create and deliver sales presentations to client/agency personnel.
• Collaborate with other departments in station to ensure client satisfaction.
• 2-3 Years Relevant Experience Preferred in Marketing/Sales/Media
• Understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
• Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar)
• Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
• Bilingual a Plus
• Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of sales experience.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
This position is paid on a base salary of $40,000, with eligibility to earn additional commissions ranging from $10,000 to $30,000, depending on performance and other criteria set forth by management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv64m-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $0.00 Per Year ($ USD)
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.