WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Manager, Editorial Strategy - AVOD for the AcqGrowth Mkt – HBO Max department.
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Senior Manager, Editorial Strategy - AVOD will be responsible for implementing the editorial and merchandising strategy for the HBO Max AVOD platform in the US. In this role, you will work with a team of writers, curators, and strategists that will deliver and execute a highly engaging experience for AVOD consumers that drives engagement, retention, and revenue KPIs. You will package curated in-app experiences for Ad Sales and help to execute the sponsored campaigns accurately. You will collaborate closely across Content, Ad Sales, Growth Marketing, Publishing, the SVOD Editorial team, and other departments to deliver the calendar for the AVOD service.
• Contribute to the editorial vision and strategy for the in-app domestic AVOD product that pushes forward growth, retention, discovery, and revenue generation
• Work closely with Ad Sales and Entertainment Solutions to deliver sponsorable editorial ''moments'' in-app and execute upon those plans
• Help ensure deadlines are met for Editorial Calendar delivery of any AVOD SKU elements - including pages, collections, copy and imagery, and sponsored components
• Curate content that aligns with the HBO Max product, brand, content and growth marketing strategies and partner closely with teams across the organization including Marketing, PR, Content Strategy, Legal etc.
• Work cross functionally with partners on lifecycle marketing and on channel marketing to retain AVOD customers throughout the funnel
• Execute longer-term merchandising strategies given feature rollouts, industry standards and changes, and UI improvements
• Utilize data-driven decision making for continuous editorial improvements.
• 6+ years of experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company. AVOD experience is a must.
• Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives.
• Experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including AVOD, SVOD and OTT services as well as knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers.
• Developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
• Actively engaged in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
The Ideal Candidate
• Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• Can drive a vision, respond to cultural and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven personalization space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw710k-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.