Culver City, CA
The Senior Counsel is responsible for all legal aspects of scripted original programming (series, movies, mini-series and limited series) for HBO, HBO Max, TNT and tbs, including negotiating, structuring and drafting talent, rights, development and production agreements; evaluating chain of title; advising on defamation, privacy, intellectual property matters in connection with reviewing content; and providing time-sensitive, thoughtful, practical and consensus-oriented advice on a wide variety of issues, including all issues arising from the development and production of our scripted entertainment programming. The successful candidate will have superior solution-oriented analytic, counseling, negotiating and drafting abilities and outstanding people skills necessary to work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic and stimulating environment with colleagues across the company, producers and other production personnel, and talent representatives.
• J.D. degree from an accredited law school required.
• Admission to California Bar required and membership must be in good standing.
• 5 to 7 years of entertainment law firm and/or studio/network in-house legal department experience. Entertainment transactional/original programming development/production background required.
• Excellent legal and business judgment.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects in a dynamic environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29zy5-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.