The Production Engineer is member of a technical & operational support team with competency in post-production technology and automating the movement and transformation of video.
The Production Engineer will build, configure, maintain, monitor, and improve information technology systems in a localized & enterprise 24x7x365 news and entertainment production environment. They directly support the customer as Tier 1 & 2 in resolving complex problems that prevent our customers from the timely creation and movement of media through the infrastructure. They are responsible for the ongoing maintenance and availability of all systems in the post-production technology stack.
The Project Engineer will collaborate, or work independently, on localized projects with final ownership in planning, execution and documentation for several project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall). They will mentor peers on technology and business best practices.
They frequently work with:
Systems Engineers, who focus on the design of localized and enterprise systems.
Network engineers who design and build the network requirements
Production Support, who focus on the end user experience
Vendors, who will assist with resolving issues.
Successful delivery of enterprise-wide post-production support requires one to foster a collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders and in partnership with subject matter experts across cities to meet the needs of a large base of customers. A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Adherence to the ITSM Service Management process in planning and managing changes to minimize impact in a critical 24x7x365 environment is required.
Customer supported areas include post-production workflows for all WarnerMedia brands.
• Build, configure, maintain & troubleshoot full-stack complex ecosystems of media systems, including networking, Media Asset Management, AV routing, desktop, storage and virtualized servers and desktops
• ITSM Service Management
• Understand the customer organization and be adept at navigating and partnering to achieve results
• Identify process gaps and actively engage team to promote process maturity
• Customer, vendor and partner relationship management
• Vet systems, applications and tools supporting the entire technology stack
• Execute SAT and UAT testing
• Conduct training sessions to technical peers on deployment of new technologies.
• Work independently on incidents and service requests with little supervision
• Work on project assignments with supervision
• Provides technical advice and assistance to team on incidents, service requests and projects
• Responsible for effectively communicating to Supervisor, Managers, Project Manager and Leads on the state of incidents, service requests and project work
• Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work in company tools (Confluence, Jira, SmartSheet)
• Participate in the creation or revision of quality standards, department procedures, and project plans.
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Manage and track department asset.
• BS in Computer Science, Film, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
• 3-5 years of experience of one of the following: Design, Operating, or Supporting media workflow systems in an enterprise media company
• 3-5 years' experience in digital video technologies or system integration in a localized and/or enterprise media company.
• 1+ years' experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language
• 1+ years' experience with server and desktop virtualization (VMware, Teradici, Leostream)
• Systems competency in at least 3 of the following areas:
• File Acquisition
• Video Compression & Codecs
• Video Formats (HD, UHD, 4K, HDR)
• Desktop and Server Operating Systems (Mac, Windows, Linux)
• Editing/Post Audio/Graphics (Avid, Adobe, Resolve, C4D, Plugins)
• Storage (Open Drive, Avid NEXIS, SpectraLogic, Pure, ZFS)
• Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
• Scripting Languages (PowerShell, Python)
• Media Asset Management
• File Transcode & Transfer
• Strong skills in reading and translating data, process, and business models to solve problems
• Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal interactions with customers, vendors and management
• Ability to balance multiple competing demands
• Demonstrated self-starter that can work independently with little supervision
• Willing to be on-call in a 24x7 production environment
• Experience delegating and tracking work assignments of self
• Experience facilitating and leading meetings with customers and peers
The Nice to Haves
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes including incident, change, problem, and service request
• Support or commissioning of remote Post-Production Infrastructure (Public or Private Cloud)
• Microsoft Azure Associate, Expert or Specialty certification
• AWS Cloud Administrator or Practitioner
• Back End Coding Frameworks (Java, Node.js, Python, C#, .Net)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7ezy-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.