Product Manager II - Ad Supported/AVOD - (HBO Max)
The Product Manager for Ad Supported will be responsible for defining product requirements for the ad supported environment and driving innovation across user engagement and flow. You will partner with internal and external stakeholders to prioritize and execute against these requirements, building and evolving an actionable product roadmap. Collaboration across other product managers, UX designers, engineering, research, and strategy will be critical to improving the product experience while prioritizing and balancing user and business needs.
• Manage the roadmap for user experiences and flow across product tiers, both near and long-term.
• Define and document the requirements for each experience and work with internal teams to establish product release plans that set expectations for delivery of new functionalities; ensuring feasibility and making adjustments when needed.
• Work with peers in Product Experience to drive innovation; ensuring alignment of product requirements and integration into the unified roadmap.
• Work closely with UX/UI teams on requirements and wireframes/design development.
• Clearly communicate the experience roadmap at all levels, including specific functionality, to ensure support and understanding across internal teams of what the features are and what the target user experience is.
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and make recommendations based on data to improve the product and user experience.
• Research and analyze emerging trends in the marketplace and drive product enhancements that help to differentiate HBO Max from the competition.
• Understand and communicate consumer behavior for products and features.
• Utilize data-driven decision making for prioritizing product feature backlog.
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams and have exposure to senior leadership.
• Responsible and accountable for the launch and improvement of new product features as they relate to the ad supported environment.
• 3+ years' experience in managing digital product initiatives and or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Extensive experience in streaming video products on CTV, mobile, and desktop with a keen focus on user engagement and flow.
• Deep knowledge of the competitive landscape including SVOD, AVOD and other OTT services.
• Experience writing extensive requirements for digital products and features and the ability to execute upon those requirements with development teams.
• High degree of technical knowledge to understand how the evolving features would affect the outcome of the user experience.
• Understanding of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices.
• Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing; must be able to create your own direction, yet balance cross functional teams' needs and priorities.
• Ability to use critical thinking, strategy, and a consumer-driven lens to address market opportunities with creative solutions and establish a strategic product roadmap.
• Have the drive to continually enhance knowledge of systems, products, and industry.
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology.
• Possesses deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the ad supported space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.
• Capable of being a doer and longer-term strategic thinker.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Comfortable in a small, lean team that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp12ko-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.