Media Asset Specialist (Temporary) - HBO
The Media Asset Specialist will function in a variety of capacities for the Media Management group which is part of the Marketing Operations team at Warner Media. We are looking for a technical individual with extensive experience with Avid Media Composer Ingest and Export fulfillment. The Specialist has experience with the post-production process from beginning to end and understands the crucial role that ingest plays in the whole editing process. He or she will work closely with our Media Acquisitions team to understand the digital media that is coming in and how best to process it for our creative producer/editors, and our editorial finishing staff. The Specialist will be primarily responsible for Avid Ingest and Quality Control in our Avid Nexis / Interplay environment at our Marketing Post Facility in NY, as well as exporting our media to a variety of Marketing vendors around the world in all different specifications. While we are primarily an Avid house, we have workflows involving all Adobe products, Davinci Resolve, Pro Tools and an ever-growing list of post-production tools. In addition to an in-depth knowledge of post-production workflows, the qualified candidate will also be well versed in digital cinema cameras and file types, transcoding/encoding, frame rate conversions, color grading and file delivery systems. Experience with emerging formats and next gen file types and technologies preferred. Good attention to detail, organization, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines is crucial.
We are looking for someone who lives in the New York City or Los Angeles area, within commutable distance to our offices. The position will be fully work from home for now but could require some in office attendance in the future. A good internet connection at home is required. This is a temporary role starting mid-December 2021.
• Evaluate, ingest, and troubleshoot digital media assets into our centralized Avid Nexis / Interplay environment.
• Research and implement new ingest/export methods and new file types are acquired.
• Troubleshoot media issues for Production clients and editors in a fast-paced editorial environment.
• Perform visual and audio quality control evaluations for ingested digital media and completed assets.
• Restore and Archive media from our Diva Archive system.
• Communicate with all users and co-workers in a clear and polite manner, sometimes having to explain difficult technical concepts to non-technically trained individuals.
• Work with Engineering to troubleshoot, identify and bridge gaps in technology, hardware, and workflows.
• Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Communications / TV / Film
• Willingness to work a shifted schedule (approximately 12pm-8pm EST)
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Post-Production / Media Management environment.
• Functional working experience with Avid Media Composer, Adobe Creative Suite, and preferably Davinci Resolve.
• Strong working knowledge of file encoding/transcoding and delivery systems.
• Strong organizational, communication, and written skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle many projects at once and remain organized and professional.
• Customer service attitude willing to go ''above and beyond'' to ensure successful outcomes for our producers and shows.
• Willing to sign an NDA and keep confidential material secret and secure.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvowbn-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.