New York, NY
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Manager – Data and Analytics Platform Operations for the HBO General Inc. – HBO Enterprise IT department.
The Data and Analytics Platform (DAP) Operations team configures, builds, deploys and monitors data delivery pipelines and applications for data engineering, analytics and data science teams in WarnerMedia. The DAP platform hosts marketing and consumer data related to various WarnerMedia non-linear properties including HBOGO, HBO Now and HBO Max. We are looking for a technical manager who will be responsible for building, supporting and monitoring applications and services on AWS while ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, security and compliance. This person will work in a DevOps environment, managing a team of employees and consultants, delivering new data platforms and technologies to meet the technical and functional demands from engineering teams. This Manager will collaborate with the technology leaders and stakeholders to meet their operational support demand for a 24/7 service delivery organization. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn new technology, will move at a fast but methodical pace, will enjoy a challenge, and is able to lead large projects and help solve any technical and business issues that may arise.
• Lead a DevOps team and interact with stakeholders to understand the current and future business requirements
• Design, build and maintain data pipelines using tools like Jenkins to bring data from external and internal sources
• Provision various AWS infrastructures as code using Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Ansible scripts
• Work closely with the development teams, understand the needs of the applications and provide scalable, and highly available AWS and database platforms
• Help to make system architecture decisions, data platform build & operation management.
• Design and implement AWS and data platform security architecture meeting the WarnerMedia security guidelines and policies
• Enforce the data security policies and help to meet the auditing requirements
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology is required
• 5+ Years of database administration experience
• 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering applications hosted on AWS
• 3+ Years of experience in AWS / Cloud technologies such as Docker, EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, Route 53, Lambda, Glue etc.
• 3+ Years of experience in administering and supporting cloud-based data bases such as Snowflake, RDS, EMR
• 3+ Years of experience in managing a team of engineers in a development or operational environment
• Familiarity with DevOps technologies and best practices
• Experience in analytics and data science/Machine Learning tools like Looker, AWS Sagemaker, papermill
• Bring innovation to and lead the ongoing Ops maturity initiatives
• Act as an escalation point for all support issues and lead the effort to resolve and reconcile those events
• Be a team player with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice