Senior Infrastructure Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the Applications Development Manager is to monitor, analyze, design and develop HBO Go's software applications in Asia Pacific.
This is an individual contributor role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work with vendor development teams to design, develop Mobile, Web & Smart TV Applications that deliver on Product Strategy and adhere to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
• Instrument and analyze application performance issues and provide technical support to vendor teams
• Develop performance specifications for apps that are best in class, market competitive and ensure that the development of the apps deliver on these performance specifications
• Work with cross functional teams to ensure alignment to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
• PERSON SPECIFICATION:
• Possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Proven track record in building iOS/Android/Web/Smart TV applications for media or related products, with at least 3 -5 years of hands-on development.
• Knowledge of streaming technologies HLS, MPEG DASH, DRM tech, CDN operations
• Success in designing and building highly available application/systems at scale – and particularly in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang, or Java.Exp with Typescript and Cross Platform development tools
• Solid understanding of Web and mobile Applications
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including security, networking, algorithms, data structures, and operating systems -
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience