Technical Content Programmer
Reporting to the Director, Editorial and Curation , the Local Original Production and Unscripted Specialist will be the main point of contact in regard of LOP and Unscripted content available on the MAX platform across Europe. Working closely with the Editorial strategists, Image Team, Data Insight Team, LOP team and Marketing to create and maintain the editorial strategy, making sure that the LOPs and Unscripted titles are presented and communicated in relevant way in alignment with the overall editorial strategy.
• Responsible for granular editorial and curation of LOP and Unscripted titles on the MAX platform.
• Screening the series titles to understand their value and potential on the MAX platform.
• Working closely with LOP department and Marketing teams regarding the upcoming premieres and aligning the visual approach taken.
• Creating lists of similar contents and editorial collections presented on the platform, also creating the collections for the series dedicated pages and subpages of the MAX platform based on theme, genre, target group, etc.
• Working in the publishing software creating LOP/Unscripted dedicated pages
• Working closely with all editorial specialists to create and localize curation strategy each month for the region.
• Liasing with the Data Insights and Planning and Research teams, identify critical insights and POV into Content and in-platform communication performance, consumer behavior and competitor analysis across region. Based on data (series performance, cross-consumption) together with editorial insight the LOP and Unscripted presentation strategy is created and updated.
• Prepare monthly performance reports and provide insights into user behavior in region in regard of LOP and Unscripted on MAX platform.
• Prepare monthly LOP and Unscripted curation strategy documents to be shared with Marketing, Social Media, Product, Publishing and other relevant teams to maintain flow of information and a unified editorial vision across company.
• Partner closely with Content Experience Strategy, Scheduling and Publishing teams to ensure timely and accurate delivery of series strategy and execution across all devices and regions and ensuring that schedules for pages are delivered on time and to specification for Publishing
• Attentive to industry news and possess ability to quickly pivot strategy as needed.
• Close cooperation with Creative and In-platform communication teams to ensure campaigns and themes are successfully displayed, and the Content Planning and Strategy team to ensure appropriate visibility into upcoming content launches and departures.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, media or related field
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behavior data to inform curation decisions. Strives to come up with new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content on HBO MAX platform.
• Process oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously to under a broader editorial strategy.
• A geniune interest and love of regional and local content and European productions as a whole and staying on top of industry trends.
• Strong knowledge of Unscripted genre.
• Ability to make solid editorial and curatorial decisions based on understanding of our customers, and the unique characteristics of our MAX content.
• Strong understanding of the Central European market, SVOD, and direct to consumer.
• Detail oriented and must have a strong sense of ownership of the choices put in front of our customers.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and proven ability to work across regions and varying time zones.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in EMEA.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.