HBO® is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming through the HBO linear channels and the direct-to-consumer streaming platform, HBO Max®. Internationally, HBO-branded services are available in more than 85 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. A part of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable television titles, including dramas like ''Succession,'' ''Watchmen,'' ''Westworld,'' ''Big Little Lies,'' ''Game of Thrones,'' ''The Sopranos,'' ''Band of Brothers'' and ''The Wire,'' as well as comedy series ''Barry,'' ''Insecure'' and ''Sex and the City.''
As HR People Partner, you will be reporting and working closely with the People Partner Lead for Nordic & CEE, The People Partner Nordic is at the centre of the newly transformed HR function.
The People Partners are visible to the Business Units (BU) and will align with HR Talent Leaders to implement and execute on various strategic initiatives. The People Partner will also work closely with the UK or US based HR Centres of Expertise (COEs) to identify and implement solutions for the region. The primary focus will be advising managers on how to navigate HR challenges and opportunities in their respective territories. The role will also be focusing on process and policy alignment.
The Nordic & CEE People Partner organization supports all Companies within WarnerMedia; HBO, Turner, Warner Bros. but this role will have an emphasis on HBO. Our range of businesses includes a diverse portfolio of linear and OTT offerings including HBO NORDIC/MAX, affiliate distribution, home entertainment, theatrical distribution, local original production, acquisitions, content licensing, consumer products and technology & operations.
• Provide day-to-day generalist HR support to all business areas in the territory (or specific business areas/teams, as directed by the People Partner Lead).
• Support the execution of local / regional / global HR programmes and projects.
• Develop an understanding of the financial drivers of each business area and demonstrate an interest in the external environment and competitors.
• In collaboration with the WMI Reward team, provide advice and support to managers on employee compensation matters (including benchmarking/pricing), remaining up to date with local market trends and practices.
• Escalate complex team or people issues to People Partner Lead and/or Talent Leader in a timely manner.
• Take proactive steps to ensure all HR systems, local policies and procedures are updated regularly to take account of new and forthcoming employment legislation.
• Ensure Workday is updated regularly and properly maintained to facilitate accurate reporting and integrity of all people data.
• Develop strong working relationships with the People Solutions group and COEs to support the implementation of HR programmes and initiatives.
• Provide support to local territory and functional managers to properly evaluate and develop local employees.
• Encourage teamwork and collaboration in the local offices, looking for ways to increase affiliation to WarnerMedia whilst shedding legacy business affiliations and siloes.
• Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and 'one company' mindset as a critical priority.
• Experience in a generalist HR role supporting leaders in an international environment.
• Hands-on and proactive in identifying areas of improvement as well as getting this done by being solution oriented and a completer.
• Good analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions leveraging data.
• Has a solid understanding of employment law and continuously looks for ways to keep up-to-date on the latest regulatory development.
• Highly collaborative nature and a real desire to help each of the business areas in the territory.
• Understands the importance of stakeholder management and considers who may be impacted by decisions/changes.
• Committed to diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and fostering a 'one company' mindset in each territory.
• Strong communication and presentation skills in both Swedish and English.
• Ability to work and prioritize under high pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in Workday is an advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29zm6-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.