WarnerMedia seeks a Head of Central Financial Analysis, HBO & HBO Max - International for the CRO FP&A department. The Head of Central Financial Analysis, HBO & HBO Max Ex. US will oversee the central financial planning and analysis/consolidation function for WarnerMedia's DTC International business. This position will coordinate across all regions (Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific), leading the overall preparation and presentation of accurate, timely, and relevant financial reporting, planning, and analysis, with a strategic focus, for consumption by executive leadership and to drive business decisions.
This role will serve as a financial partner and actively contribute to shaping the direction of the DTC organization by having an in-depth understanding of business strategies, industry, economic, and technological factors affecting the division. Responsibilities include management reporting, budget consolidation, target setting, long-range planning, forecasting, analysis, interpretation of trends, and presentation of findings to senior management. This role will analyze and evaluate alternate financial plans as they relate to the company's objectives and provide strategic leadership, management, and development to the DTC Finance team.
The ability to develop solid relationships with operational decision-makers (e.g., regional data, insights, and planning teams) as well as with senior financial management (e.g., CFO of DTC, Head of Finance DTC International, regional finance partners, etc.) will be critical in order to understand the priorities of both the division and the Company, and be able to provide information and guidance where appropriate.
• Serve as a financial advisor and business partner to leaders of WM DTC International to develop meaningful business plans that meet strategic and financial objectives for each division.
• Coordinate across all regions for both process management and the development of budgets and all associated financial analysis related to the DTC Ex. US business. Partner with other senior members of financial management to prepare and present integrated and cohesive budgets and long-term plans.
• Implement and maintain a disciplined financial planning and control process to accurately report performance revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, tax, income, margins, metrics, pricing and other financial information.
• Evaluate investments, new territory launches, acquisitions and expenditures against financial and strategic objectives and make recommendations accordingly. Provide risk assessment and advice relative to projects and the business as a whole.
• Demonstrate full understanding and application of financial principles specific to non-US markets (e.g., FX, related inflation and pricing impacts, regional/cultural/geopolitical dynamics, etc.)
• Analyze and interpret trends and results of forecast reporting across the P&L. Communicate monthly financial results to WM DTC International leaders and senior management highlighting trends vs. expectations and making recommendations to enhance results.
• Ensure timely completion and distribution of management reporting and analysis that help senior management make decisions and effectively run their business.
• Develop, analyze, and interpret data in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget/prior year, and other matters impacting the fiscal health and operational effectiveness of the organization.
• Partner with the Head of Finance for DTC International and divisional management to ensure financial and strategic goals are achieved while appropriately allocating financial resources.
• Lead the finance staff across the central FP&A function for International by emphasizing the vision and mission statement.
• Lead/coach staff in the development of personal goals. Develop and manage growth opportunities for all staff that align with career paths. Adapt staffing structure (including structural modifications as necessary) to serve clients in a timely and efficient manner. Continuously provide guidance and communicate expectations.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, a related field, or bachelor's degree in any field combined with an MBA
• MBA or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or related field highly preferred
• 10+ years professional experience with 1) extensive budgeting/forecasting, personnel analysis, and financial modeling experience and 2) experience in media, DTC, or digital industries
• 6+ years of experience in a role with demonstrated leadership, supervisory and long-term planning responsibilities
• Advanced technical and analytical skills in finance and general accounting; previous experience with financial applications and budget systems
• Advanced Hyperion and financial systems knowledge strongly preferred
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic leadership ability, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership skills with a mindset to develop a team and drive results
• Experience with process improvement and project management
• Strong executive presence with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1mne-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.