Digital Asset and Media Manager
New York, NY
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe.
Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You'll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You'll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
This Encoding Coordinator/Specialist is a member of the Media Operations team within Warner Media Technology. This position is responsible for the encoding, tracking, quality control and distribution of file-based content for linear and non-linear services across Warner Media including HBO Max. This individual must be self-motivated with a keen eye for detail and a desire to perform efficiently.
• Analyzes requests and assesses encoding workflow demands. Monitors incoming requests and tracks the source content required to fulfill them through upstream and downstream workflows.
• Monitor transcoding jobs.
• Performs technical quality control screening of completed files as necessary.
• Distributes completed content according to request requirements.
• Interacts with various internal departments for day to day operations including weekly status meetings and systems development projects.
• Maintains all necessary documentation for workgroup operations.
• Assists in recording and processing live and near live feeds for non-linear services.
• Understanding of industry standard video and audio codec including but not limited to: H.264, Windows Media, Flash, AAC, Dolby E, UHD/HDR.
• Ability to look for and recognize issues with video quality, audio and caption sync.
• Minimum two years of relevant experience with transcoding systems such as Vantage and Elemental.
• Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, prioritize and manage time wisely.
• Familiarity with the technology and business aspects of distributing content across all platforms including but not limited to: Aspera, FTP, SFTP
• Strong Interpersonal skills to include: solid teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills
• High degree of proficiency in all Microsoft Office components
• Candidate must be highly motivated with proven problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to drive change.
• Applicant must be able to function in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7y9y-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.