HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center, and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies, and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020, then in Latin America and Europe in 2021.
The Director of Creative Marketing for HBO Max Originals Marketing will develop the overarching creative strategy, positioning, and key creative materials to establish the originals marketing campaign across all platforms. With a core focus on key art, a/v (in partnership with internal teams), visual design, content and social/digital advertising materials, they will develop breakthrough creative to capture consumer attention and establish HBO Max as a premium streaming entertainment offering. From initial creative concepting through execution, this team lead will ensure creative aligns with strategies and is consistent across all consumer touchpoints, taps into innovation & experimentation, and delivers engaging content for customers. They will partner with the Marketing Strategy and Planning team and will report to the VP of HBO Max Originals Marketing.
• Oversee and execute best-in-class creative content for HBO Originals campaigns and programs from inception through delivery to achieve business objectives.
• Craft the overarching 360° campaign creative strategy (in collaboration with strategic partners), interpreting research and audience insights to align with content and storytelling, delivering fresh, premium and best-in-class creative materials that ladders up to broader campaign vision and can be applied across all consumer touchpoints.
• Deliver big creative ideas that break-through in a cluttered, competitive consumer landscape and take bold swings with creative ideas grounded in strategy and insights that are unique and memorable.
• Lead a creative team who all contribute to best-in-class execution in a collaborative and nimble team environment, empowering team members to take ownership and contribute to overarching plans.
• Manage the creative process end-to-end (on-set content ideation and capture, marketing shoots, key art, AV, digital, social) with internal partners and/or external agencies.
• Oversees multiple complex projects while identifying, communicating, and driving forward clear next steps.
• Leads the development and execution of social/editorial creative stunts that drive conversation, shareability and talent/press amplification.
• Analyzes performance analytics to make informed creative decisions and audience pivots.
• Deftly manages, communicates, and persuades talent and stakeholders (showrunners/filmmakers, producers, actors).
• Partners closely with the strategy team members, Programming/Content teams, growth marketing, product marketing, media planning, editorial, research, PR, legal, and other cross-divisional teams to lead multiple concurrent campaigns.
• Develops a positive culture that instills empathy and fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion
• A sincere love for streaming entertainment, television, movies and storytelling.
• Demonstrates an ability to lead highly creative campaigns, with the ability to meet a high-bar of quality content creation.
• Directs, coaches, and mentors team members on how to successfully execute a campaign and navigate the complexities and intricacies with key stakeholders, deadlines, and business priorities.
• Excels at pitching creative and persuasive communication.
• Oversees the development of multiple members of a team -- motivates effectively, prioritizes work, defines clear expectations, gives constructive and actionable feedback for development
• Exercises good creative judgment and understands how to balance what is best for the team, campaign, and the business overall.
• Understanding of the current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Builds and maintains strong and collaborative relationships across the enterprise organization, including effective communication skills and conflict resolution.
• At least 8 years of creative experience in the entertainment or relevant industry executing on marketing campaigns, and at least 3 years of experience managing a team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1kx6-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.