Associate Vice President - Consumer
London, United Kingdom
HBO Max EMEA is looking for a full-time public relations executive, who will be responsible for handling Corporate Communications across Europe as well as internal communication events. This position can be based in either Copenhagen, Denmark or London, United Kingdom.
In this role, your overall focus will be to lead HBO Europe's Corporate Communications, drive and further develop the long-range Corporate Communications strategy and public facing profile of the company, while helping position HBO Max in EMEA as we prepare for the international launch of our new streaming platform, by creating brand awareness and consideration through editorial coverage.
As the Director of Corporate Communications, you will be managing both internal and external communications with full focus on the non-content part of the business and will work closely with European and US executives and departments such as HR, Finance and Legal. This includes coordinating information flow from the various stakeholders and ensuring accurate and timely dissemination companywide.
What you'll be doing:
• Position HBO Max EMEA clearly in international trade and business publications, developing an awareness of the strength and breadth of our brand, service and content
• Further develop the long-range Corporate Communications strategy
• Crisis comms: Handle negative/sensitive stories and support company executives in handling media and press inquiries
• Develop and maintain an internal communications strategy for HBO Max EMEA, including the development and management of a regular cadence of internal communication events and channels to connect leadership with the wider team
• Encourage frequent two-way communications and ensure the careful and consistent positioning of a tone and voice to all internal communications. In this aspect of the role, work closely with the US-based team and other local stakeholders such as HR and other colleagues from the European PR team
• Plan and execute internal communication events and channels such as town halls, organisational changes, senior executive joiners/leavers and the use of internal platforms such us 'WarnerMedia One'
• Prepare Q&A's for executives and spokespeople
• Provide regular updates for HBO Max management and WarnerMedia stakeholders on upcoming stories and announcements, including timing and strategy
• Develop and maintain a strong network of international trade journalists
• Plan and execute external communication events including press conferences and panels focusing on corporate messaging
• Create corporate press releases and notes to editors
• Develop broad familiarity with each of the European markets and the different needs and approaches
• Prepare and approve talking points and speeches for spokespeople, collect and share results accordingly
What we're looking for:
• An individual with a passion for communication and the HBO brand
• A strategic thinker, well organised with excellent attention to detail
• Interest in politics and business mechanisms
• Solid background within PR and communication and experience in similar senior roles
• A strong network of journalists within the relevant trade press
• A team player with a structured approach, who easily builds new working relationships, but at the same thrives on working independently (most of your colleagues will be based across Europe and in the US)
• Strong understanding of the mechanisms within communication and what should be shared externally and internally
• Ability to execute tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Perfect English writing skills are essential
• Confident with personal drive and motivation
• Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time, under pressure and deliver on deadlines
• This is a European role supporting all our HBO Europe markets therefore the role will include travelling
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermediagroup.com/diversity