HBO Max's Content Acquisition team is looking for a Director. Based in Los Angeles, the Director will play an integral role in the team's content-licensing efforts, working with a wide range of production companies and studios around the world. This role requires a high level of collaboration across many internal teams: Content Strategy, Finance, Research, Business affairs/Legal, Original Programming, Marketing, Scheduling, Ops, Product and PR. The Director must be able to work effectively and respectfully with colleagues of all levels in the company.
• Work closely with the Content Strategy team to identify acquisition priorities.
• Track, evaluate and prepare recommendations on submissions.
• Develop deal strategy, incorporating financial analysis, research input, and stakeholder parameters
• Take a leading role in negotiation of commercial terms; collaborate with BA/Legal through longform execution.
• Evaluate content performance and communicate insights to leadership.
• Track industry trends and competitive information.
• Cultivate strong relationships with content partners and industry counterparts.
• Minimum of 7 years' relevant entertainment-industry experience, with at least 2 years negotiating SVOD deals on the buy- or sell-side.
• Strong knowledge of the television market and digital-distribution landscape.
• Command of market- and competitive analysis; ability to strategically assess opportunities and make data-driven decisions.
• Facility with TV and SVOD research tools and methodologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, persuasion, and diplomacy skills.
• Demonstrated agility, flexibility, and capability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment while maintaining calm and composure.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
• MBA, banking and/or consulting experience.
• 2+ years of start-up experience in any industry, or
• AVOD experience, or
• Development experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1zmm-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.