Director, Planning and Scheduling
You will be part of the team that develops strategic insights to further the company's European content efforts and will be responsible for programming analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioural analysis for all HBO Max content across the Nordic region (Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark). You will partner closely with colleagues in the HBO Max EMEA teams for Data Insights and Product as well as the WarnerMedia International Programming and Original Production teams to inform important business decisions by providing analysis of content offering and performance to ensure we have the right content to attract and retain subscribers.
• Identify critical insights and POV into content and in-platform communication performance, consumer behavior and competitor analysis across the Nordic region to inform audience-first, data-driven segmentation strategies that drive KPI's including increasing streaming hours and discovery driving greater retention and customer lifetime value
• Monitor regional trends and consumer preferences, tracking and compiling industry trends to advise on future content acquisitions and originals greenlighting decisions.
• Conduct analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
• Regularly present analyses and updates on regional competitor content acquisition, offering/mix, usage, awards etc in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders and other stakeholders
• Work cross-functionally with LOP, Programming, Marketing and DIP teams to compile thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Work closely with Product, Editorial and Scheduling and Planning teams on heatmaps and benchmarks.
• Proven experience in a top management consulting firm, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role, including direct to consumer leadership.
• Strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of key stakeholders
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possessing a high level of intellectual curiosity and focus on results
• Passion for entertainment, love for content and an avid Fan, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends while figuring out what the future will look like with a relentless focus on creating and improving consumer value.
• A digital media maven and rare combination of ''thinker'' and ''do'er'' paired with a strong aptitude for understanding of content strategy.
• Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in Europe.
• Exceptional writing and verbal communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely.
• Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
• Work effectively autonomously as well as collaborate intensely when required with colleagues from different functions and locations
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
The Nice to Haves
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.