See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN's Digital Video News team creates original video content for all CNN platforms, with a particular focus on mobile web and app video. We write, produce, shoot and edit, working collaboratively across the organization to cover breaking news, trending topics, and important issues. From mass shootings to immigration to the climate crisis, we tell human-centered stories with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
The CNN Digital Video News team is looking for an Associate Producer on the evening shift. This role will primarily be responsible for domestic news coverage, including politics and business news. He/she will monitor the news of the day, pitch story ideas, gather elements, do research, write scripts, edit video in-house and have the opportunity to join producers in the field to shoot with high-sensor cameras.
The ideal candidate is a video-first storyteller who loves a fast-paced news environment. He/she is a reporter who values accuracy and fairness; a team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment's notice. The ideal candidate is comfortable working independently, writing scripts and editing projects from start to finish. They are able to assess the news value of a story and use data to predict audience interest. A love of news and creative mind are a must, along with an ability to navigate a large deadline-driven organization.
This position can be based in New York, Atlanta, Washington DC or Los Angeles.
• Researching, writing scripts and editing video for all digital platforms
• Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends
• Brainstorming and regularly generating story ideas
• Shooting video in-house and occasionally working with producers in the field on breaking news and news feature stories
• Experimenting with new video formats on multiple platforms
• Coordinating with writers and producers across CNN bureaus around the world
• 2-3 years of working in a national or major digital media market or equivalent experience
• Strong editorial judgement and an avid news consumer
• Experience pitching daily stories, reporting and fact-checking
• Working knowledge of industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7)
• Proficiency in post-production software such as Adobe Premiere or similar
• Ability to work in a fast, high-pressure environment
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Foreign language skills a plus
• Bachelor's degree in journalism and/or video production, or relevant work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmww2x-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.