Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Associate Editor for the HBO Design & Production department.
As an associate editor in Design + Production, you will help drive the marketing success of HBO and HBO Max, WarnerMedia's streaming service. You will enjoy an engaging, fast-paced environment with opportunities to collaborate with other editors and writers, designers, account managers, marketing and production teams to deliver original and innovative creative solutions for business partners across the company.
Reporting to the senior copywriter, this experienced editor will work on a range of projects including crafting and editing high-quality, targeted synopses, short-form promotional copy and other descriptions for a variety of HBO and HBO Max programming. You will also support editing and writing projects for a number of business areas-Program and Brand Marketing, Editorial Strategy, Product and more.
The associate editor role requires strength in grammar and style, a combination of creativity and marketing savvy, plus research and proofreading skills to ensure that materials are correct, consistent and on deadline. But above all, the ideal candidate will have an endless passion for programming across all genres and audiences.
Beyond editing and executing top-of-the-line copy, this role is also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand and millions of people and the entertainment we all love.
• Write and edit compelling promotional copy, including show synopses plus descriptions for trailers, podcasts and other programming extras for the HBO Max platform.
• Using a proprietary CMS, enter and adjust copy per multiple character counts.
• Craft and edit additional copy as needed for projects that support the HBO and HBO Max brands.
• Verify accuracy of all information-copy, tune-in and legal requirements-and spelling, syntax and styling of copy prior to release.
• Deliver complete, error-free copy formatted in standardized copy deck template, with all necessary legal language.
• Follow relevant brand guidelines for copy style, tone of voice and target audience.
• Work independently to execute assigned projects.
• Understand business partner objectives and apply them to copy.
• Work closely with copyeditors to maintain all copy standards throughout projects.
• Collaborate with designers and other team members to deliver quality creative solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism major/minor preferred
• 3+ years' experience in publishing (online or print), preferably in entertainment
• Experience using CMS tools
• Familiarity with all forms of consumer and business writing
• Passion for and expertise in film and television
• Knowledgeable of basic copyediting and grammar rules (and when to break them)
• Exceptional research and proofreading skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be a creative and dynamic self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative and able to work against deadlines with minimum supervision in a fast-paced work environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vp4n-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.