Assistant Manager Content Planning & Scheduling
New York, NY
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce.
We're looking for meticulous, organized, strategic thinker, and Excel wizard to serve as a key contributor in the development of on-channel campaigns for HBO. As Assistant Manager, Promotion Planning and Scheduling, you'll be assisting the Planning and Scheduling Teams both in weekly targeting and tracking, as well as long-term campaign planning. On a daily basis, you'll work in a highly collaborative environment, partnering with stakeholders across the organization as well as your manager, the Manager of Promotion Planning & Scheduling.
This role will be located eventually in New York, New York, but alas, currently we're all working remotely for the time being as is most of the world due to the pandemic.
What You'll Be Doing
• Entering and maintaining campaign timelines for all HBO linear campaigns using our in-house application, CUBE
• Working with your manager to determine upcoming campaign start dates for HBO and Cinemax each month
• Working closely with Marketing Operations to ensure continuity in asset start dates for every linear campaign
• Meeting weekly to inform and update the scheduling team and developing weekly reporting for asset tracking of all ongoing campaigns,
• Generating and publishing promo planning workbooks for 4 linear channels, including HBO, HBO2, HBO Signature and Cinemax Main
• Providing post-campaign analysis in order to inform similar upcoming campaign strategies, including creation of target profiles for select campaigns
• Participating in CUBE troubleshooting and exploration of new uses
• Maintaining dashboards for Looker and Tableau
• Assisting in ad-hoc tracking projects for both internal and collaborative needs
• Creating weekly internal MORPH requests for Sunday and Monday breaks screening
• Working with the Operations team in maintaining and tracking secondary event assets (including credit crunches and ''bugs'')
Who You Are
• You have 3+ years' experience in tracking/long-range planning/analysis in a media environment
• Don't worry, you'll be trained in our internal tool, CUBE
• You have a strong interest or experience in the entertainment industry
• You have experience working with Looker as well as exceptionally strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint.
• You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as meticulous attention to detail
• You're able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and are comfortable with the possibility that priorities may shift on short notice.
• You're stoked at the thought of looking at schedules, organizing data and analyzing numbers and trends.
We're Part of WarnerMedia
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.