Acquisitions Manager FTC
The Acquisitions Manager will be a member of the wider European Programming and Acquisitions team with colleagues based in Stockholm, Madrid and Prague.
This role will be responsible for supporting ongoing and future acquisitions of content for Warnermedia, undertaking negotiations with major studios, European and Spanish and Portuguese indies per the division within the team, and will be working closely in partnership with the Programming, Finance, Operations and Marketing teams.
Please note: this role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
• Acquisition of content, both current and library (PayTV and SVOD) for all Warnermedia services and/or channels in Europe, with a focus on Southern European territories.
• Identifying opportunities of acquisition, both for current markets and for the launch in future markets of upcoming HBO Max.
• Evaluating content propositions (screening, reading scripts etc.) and giving a consultative opinion.
• Negotiating content deals for appropriate scripted series, unscripted content, movies and kids' content.
• Preparation/distribution of internal documentation: set up proposals, deal memos and contracts, and follow the process through to the securing of signatures.
• Monitor market trends, competitors in our markets as well as the international content rights market and rights holders.
• Attending markets.
• Internal administration and communication.
• Supporting Budget/forecast process on Iberia programming side.
• Relevant experience of rights acquisition within the media/broadcast/TV industry.
• Relationships with the rights owners for the with special focus on Spain and Portugal.
• Good experience of the Spanish and Portuguese rights markets, broadcasters, competitors and media industry.
• Sensitivity for market trends and an analytical mind-set.
• Proven track record of negotiating content acquisition deals.
• Experienced in setting up, drafting and understanding contracts.
• Detail oriented, whilst maintaining a strategic overview.
• High level of both written and spoken English plus Spanish and/or Portuguese.
• Team player with a collaborative approach and related to Warnermedia values.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y311-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.