WCTV is the dominant #1 CBS affiliate in Tallahassee, with a coverage area of about 19 counties in North Florida and South Georgia. We are a team of hungry, passionate journalists in a well-established newsroom. Rising talent has the opportunity to work with, and learn from, experienced team members. The expectations are high, and we recognize how important our work is to the community we serve. The right candidate can expect to cover everything from major political headlines to severe weather and heartfelt features.
WCTV is looking for a passionate journalist who can also command the anchor desk. The right hire will co-anchor our highly successful weekend morning show, and report 3 days during the week.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Co-anchor weekend morning newscasts, and other newscasts as assigned
- Work closely with co-anchor and producers to ensure story selection and quality of broadcast are clean, compelling and consistent
- Demonstrate ability to connect with viewers and community both on and off the desk
- Shoot and edit content for newscasts and digital platforms as assigned
- Generate story ideas and build local contacts
- Operate portable live units, and conduct live shots from the field
• BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Minimum two (2) years' experience reporting as a MMJ in a commercial newsroom
• Videography and non-linear editing experience
• A valid driver's license, good driving record and proof of insurability
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznenq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.