VIDEO EDITOR (LATE NEWS) - WBRC
WBRC is the number one station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. WBRC Fox6 News has a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, Magic City Weekend and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience. WBRC is one of the strongest television stations in the country with dominant shows including our highly rated morning show, Good Day Alabama. The station also dominates the local market in it's early and evening newscasts, consistently delivering #1 ratings across all broadcasts.
WBRC Fox6 News is looking for a Video Editor to join the team! The key responsibility is to edit late newscasts. We're looking for someone with solid news judgement and who thrives on creativity and solves problems on their own.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Edit all video needed for newscasts, special elements, and other productions
• Operate ENG control to received feeds, live shots, and various news gathering transmissions
• Contribute to the maintenance of video archives
• Interface with key editorial producers and managers proactively under deadline pressure
• Work all shifts assigned, including overnight, weekends, and holidays
*** Please note, the primary/essential job duties include, but are not limited to the responsibilities listed above ***
• The ideal candidate must have the talent and experience to consistently generate a top-notch creative news product.
• Candidates must be highly motivated self-starters.
• Experience with non-linear editing/production is required.
Our editing software is Edius.
• The right candidate must be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Candidate should be a strategic planner with a good editorial sense.
• The position requires you to work 2nd shift and will sometimes include holidays and weekends.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8poy9-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.