TECHNICAL MEDIA DIRECTOR (F/T) - WTVY
WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the ''Hometown News Leader.'' Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
WTVY is seeking a full-time, Technical Media Director to work alongside news producers and others on our news team to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts and programming. Coordinate live acquisition of reporters and news video utilizing ENG and IP-based video transmission platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct newscast with our automation system
- Monitor on-air signals for WTVY, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate the Master Control automation system
- Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lightng, cameras, and sets
- Occasional operation of studio teleprompter, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned will be required
- The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have a very strong problem-solving, milti-tasking, and communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
- Able to work well with a team and equally comfortable working individually
- Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends, out-of-town assignments, and changing schedules
- Able to sit and sand for extended periods of time. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
Computer literacy is a must
- Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
- While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
- Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive, VizRT Graphics, DBi Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a plus
, upload resume, cover letter, and references
WTVY-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn1mp-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.