WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather, and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the ''Hometown News Leader.'' Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
Your Hometown News Leader is looking to hire a full-time Sports MMJ to help pave the way into a new type of sports reporting, focused on our community and the casual viewer. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has good organizational skills, and can deliver energetic, compelling content across web, mobile, OTT and social media platforms, under tight, pressure-packed deadlines. This position is a great opportunity for a talented MMJ, producer, or recent college graduate looking to take their first step into TV. Our sports team covers Auburn, Alabama, Troy, Enterprise State, and Wallace College athletics in addition to all area high school sports. We also produce several sports specials each year with a heightened focus on our OTT platform.
- Developing and executing unique content daily, in collaboration with the Sports Director.
- This person must be creative, energetic, competitive, and a problem-solver with strong communication and live reporting skills.
- The ideal candidate demonstrates compelling storytelling, photography, and videography skills that go beyond play-by-play action.
- Can quickly confirm and send out rapidly developing sports stories on-air and online.
- We are looking for someone who is both a team player and a solo star.
- Anchoring will be required at times.
Real newsroom experience and a degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred. Exceptional knowledge of a broad range of sports is required. This person must be able to work a flexible schedule and pass a Motor Vehicle Report.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, and station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', and upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4v7m-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.