At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit-sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
Job Summary/Description: Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $50 - 60K (DOE)
KKTV is seeking a Sports Director to produce and anchor the sports portion of weekday 5:30 and 10:00pm newscasts with responsibility for content, fairness and accuracy. Must contribute daily content to KKTV.com and other associated digital products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Ability to write concise information sports stories with an emphasis on accuracy and fairness while not forgetting the entertainment aspect of sports.
• Personal appearances outside the station are required.
• Position is also required to provide direction and schedule sports stories for sports reporter(s).
• Position requires the presentation of a professional image both on air and off.
• Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
• Position requires a proven ability to edit video tape.
• Ability to occasionally work outdoors, but most of time indoors at computer terminal and/or edit station.
• Applicable college degree - appropriate experience may be substituted for basic education requirements at employer's discretion.
• Five (5) years as a sports anchor at a broadcast station.
• Reporting and sports play-by-play experience a plus.
• Newsroom computer system.
• Standard broadcast editing equipment and software.
• Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process which includes drug screening and clean driving record.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6o61-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.