Full Time Job
Sports Anchor / Reporter
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
WBKO Television is the dominant source for local news and entertainment in the Bowling Green area and operates the ABC, FOX and CW affiliates.
Nestled in the heart of South-Central Kentucky between Louisville and Nashville, WBKO is home to Emmy and AP award winning mentors. We offer employees flexibility to learn other jobs with the latest industry equipment and software; live news experience; and encouragement to volunteer in the community. Over the last 15 years, we have helped raise more than nine million dollars for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. We also enjoy being a part of the community by engaging in activities including ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at Christmas, helping to promote United Way's Day of Caring, and jumping into icy cold water for Junior Achievement's Penguin Plunge.
Bowling Green is the fastest growing city in Kentucky and is ''geared for fun'' as the home of the Corvette, the Bowling Green Hot Rods baseball team, and countless caves and hiking trails ready to be explored! Mammoth Cave National Park, the world's longest known cave system, is also right down I-65. The arts scene is active in Bowling Green with the Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center (SKyPAC) which brings in nationally known artists and productions.
WBKO works closely with Western Kentucky University by airing a weekly ''View from the Hill'' segment and covering its programs and Division I sports teams. WBKO is proud to serve our community and nurture our employees to grow professionally, be more community-oriented, and have fun in a family environment.
WBKO has an immediate opening for a Sports Reporter / Anchor. We are seeking someone who goes beyond sports highlights and loves to tell the unique stories surrounding our professional, collegiate, and high school sports teams. We look for teammates who are naturally curious, enjoy working in a team environment, thrive on seeking the truth, and want to support a local community.
What We Expect from You:
* Anchor, produce, and edit video for sportscasts
* Produce sports-related packages and feature stories
* Provide live coverage at local sporting events.
* Produce and post content to our digital and social media platforms
* Produce weekly sports show, in conjunction with the other sports reporter/anchor
* Other responsibilities as needed.
What You Can Expect from Us:
* An inclusive team environment
* Training and ongoing support
* Clear guidelines and communication from newsroom leadership
* Abilities to cross-train and learn other skills in the newsroom
*** Please note, the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above ***
* Candidate must possess strong and verbal and written communication
skills including excellent sports writing and visual story-telling ability.
* Should be able to manage crew and content to deliver the best live show
possible under daily deadline pressure.
* Creativity a must.
* Previous experience preferred
* College degree in journalism or equivalent preferred.
* MVR check required
, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92v7k-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.