PRODUCTION ASSISTANT - DC BUREAU (GRAY MEDIA GROUP)
About DC BUREAU:
The DC Bureau covers live breaking news, politics, and in-depth investigations for Gray TV's 113 television markets. Its regional team works closely with stations, covering issues directly impacting viewers in their markets. The national team reports on domestic and foreign issues affecting the entire country. It often travels with the President as he meets with world leaders overseas. InvestigateTV produces investigations for Gray TV and recently sparked new legislation on Capitol Hill. Local News Live is a 24/7 live streaming news network featuring stories from Gray TV stations.
The Gray TV Washington News Bureau is looking for a production assistant to help with its news operations.
Duties/Responsibilities include/ (but are not limited to):
- Managing live shots
- Basic technical troubleshooting
- Staying on top of breaking news and developing stories
- Assisting with research and fact-checking
- Editing video and posting content for stations
- Pitching engaging stories
- Position requires a flexible schedule. Applicants must be able to work early mornings
- Must have the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Sound news judgment
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
Interested candidates should go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
DC BUREAU-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv6wm-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.