Full Time Job
Producer / MMJ
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout WDTV:
WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), and EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX's Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our local 12 county area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We're dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area's only live-streaming newscast.
Our team produces six daily newscasts M-F and four newscasts each weekend. Among many other awards, WDTV has won the WV Broadcasters award 2 years in a row for the best morning newscast. WDTV has had the privilege of helping train and launch the careers of many well-known national journalists, top-market meteorologists, and network and cable executives. The work family of WDTV is made up of a group of dedicated professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission.
WDTV/WVFX is located in beautiful north central West Virginia, about 90 minutes south of Pittsburgh, and 30 minutes south of Morgantown. West Virginia in general is comprised of several small cities and very rural in nature making it a great small town family atmosphere.
WDTV is looking for a full-time producer. The ideal candidate will be able to make the newscast unique and memorable. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be an excellent writer, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate develops and enterprises stories daily and communicates well with co-workers and the community. The candidate will also be required to run the assignment desk and post stories to our station's website. The ideal candidate must also be a team player.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
* Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Required to write copy and edit video into newscast and web formats
* Ensure content of each newscast is clear, concise and easily understandable by our viewers
* Responsible for determining story lineup and timing for each story or segment of newscast
* Work with anchors and reporters on story selection, writing and enterprise pieces.
* Work with news team and production department for on-air promotion
* Must be able to develop and enterprise compelling stories that interest our viewers
* Present information on wdtv.com immediately and as updates become available.
* Work with production staff to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast.
* Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
* Develop good judgment and decision making skills by staying heavily involved in the daily news product
* Degree in Journalism or related field preferred
* Must be able to work flexible days and hours
* Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0we98-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.