Known for journalistic excellence, WGEM News has won National Edward R. Murrow Awards, multiple Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, Regional Emmy® Awards, and is the recipient of dozens of state broadcasters' association awards in Illinois, Iowa and Missouri each year. We may be a small market, but we have gained big attention in the mid-west.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door and earn valuable on-the-job training in our newsroom and out in the field. You'll spend most days with a front row seat to live news events as you capture video, gather facts and conduct interviews. As a photojournalist, you will record video, take digital photos, operate live shots and write and edit news stories. On some assignments, you will be teamed with a reporter or one of our stellar anchors while on others, you will be given full ownership.
You will be mentored by one of the best news directors in the broadcast television business and will have the opportunity to grow in an ever-changing field that has unlimited potential.
*** Please note, primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above. ***
- High school graduate.
- Prior videography experience preferred, but we will train the right applicant.
- Prior experience using news computer software programs is preferred.
- Physical ability to lift and operate camera equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on an unsupervised basis while in the field covering news events.
- Ability to demonstrate personal characteristics such as professionalism, persuasiveness and aggressiveness which are necessary for effective news writing.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm85bm-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.