WSFA 12 News is the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. For over 67 years WSFA 12 News has served a 15-county DMA and is Central and South Alabama's most trusted source for news, sports and weather information.
WSFA-TV 12 News in Montgomery, Alabama is looking for a full-time Photojournalist/Editor to join our award-winning news staff. We are seeking someone with strong photography and editing skills who is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Must also have a passion for storytelling. Experience with LIVEU equipment is a plus.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Work with producers, reporters and editors to create new stories.
- Feed stories back to station from live remotes using LIVEU backpacks.
- Must have strong photography and non-linear editing skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and daily deadlines.
- Must have good creative and editorial judgment and mastery of journalistic ethics.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours. Must be available for overnight travel.
- College degree required from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience shooting and editing digital at a local television station. Working with JVC camera equipment, LIVE U as well as BitCentral/Edius non-linear editing experience is a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver's license.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WSFA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwo0ey-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.