12 News is the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. For over 65 years WSFA 12 News has served a 15-county DMA and is Central and South Alabama's most trusted source for news and weather information.
WSFA-TV 12 News in Montgomery, Alabama has an immediate opening for a full-time Photojournalist/Editor. We are the dominant, number one source for weather and news information in Central and South Alabama. . In addition our station recently moved to a brand new state of the art facility on historic Dexter Avenue.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Skills/Abilities: Must be able to work well under pressure and daily deadlines. Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics. Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours. Must be available for overnight travel. Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs.
- Work with producers, reporters, and editors to create news stories. Feed stories back to station from live remotes from LIVEU backpacks as well as microwave trucks. Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to, microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment. Required to drive company vehicle while out on various assignments.
-Maintain photography equipment and vehicle. Contribute daily to WSFA.COM and our array of digital platforms. Assist in storytelling, all forms of news gather, including digital and be a great team player.
- Education: College degree required from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
- Experience: Minimum 1-2 years experience shooting and editing digital at a local television station. Working with JVC camera equipment, LIVE U as well as BitCentral/Edius non-linear editing experience is a plus.
- License/Certificates: Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver's license.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81ekq-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.