WCTV is the dominant #1 CBS Affiliate in Tallahassee, with a coverage area of about 19 counties in North Florida and South Georgia. We are a well-established newsroom, where rising talent has an opportunity to work side-by-side with experienced journalists. The expectations are high in our newsroom. The right candidate can expect to cover everything from breaking news, to severe weather, major political headlines and heartfelt features.
WCTV, the dominant #1 CBS affiliate in Tallahassee, is looking for our next newscast and web producer. Our producers are energetic, passionate about news, and receptive to feedback. They work closely with the team to build fast-paced newscasts with creative showcasing.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in daily editorial meetings and evaluating pitches for potential lead stories
- Ordering stories in the rundown with emphasis on happening now, local and live elements
- Collaborating with reporters and anchors on story concepts
- Selecting showcase elements which could include maps, graphics and video
- Writing scripts with focus on accuracy and deliverability
- Making graphics and lower thirds for stories (and keeping them free of typos)
- An internship in a commercial newsroom
- Knowledge of video editing software
- Working knowledge of web and social platforms
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re1xz1-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.