WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started seventy years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WTVG. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
WTVG-TV, the number one rated station Toledo, Ohio is looking for a rock start news producer. If you are an up and coming newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for the best of the best!
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Develop and organize ''Nowcasts'' with urgent writing and showcasing that includes informative graphics, must see video and cool studio shots.
- Works closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
- Must have strong communication skills in both the newsroom and the control room.
- Experience with ENPS and automated technology helpful.
- Must be willing to learn and post stories to digital media platforms
- Must have good work ethic, strong people skills, ability to be a team player and maintain a professional attitude.
- One to two years of newscast producing experience.
- Must know and execute basic computer skills.
- Digital editing experience helpful
- Must arrive to work on time
- Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55o71-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.