Green Bay, WI
WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station has received Edward R. Murrow Awards each of the past four years, including Overall Excellence. Our news department produces 36 hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produces assigned newscast. Responsible for story selection, treatment, writing stories using available video, interviews, graphics and other resources to clearly convey what is happening in an engaging way that viewers understand
• Thrives on information that is still unfolding and happening in the moment.
• Can clearly communicate with production staff, anchors and field crews
• Excellent writer, understands and consumes news from many different sources. Understands role of social media in newsgathering.
• Can take charge in the booth when timing newscasts to add breaking news, or drop stories for time
• Must be able to manage the TV news broadcast, coordinate with production team and oversee the order of the news broadcast.
• Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report.
• Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer.
• Contribute story ideas and content on a daily basis as well as special assignments and long range planning.
• Produce engaging, informative, and unique broadcast content
• Write and post numerous stories for all digital platforms
• Use editorial judgment to present stories that matter to the audience
• Booth television content from the control room
• Coordinate live shots
• Be able to control and monitor breaking news and weather situations
• Engage viewers on social media to enhance the broadcast experience
• Perform any other actions as asked by the News Director
• At least 1 year working at a television station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation. Experience with AM News is a plus.
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience digital content management systems and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods
• Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
• Produces newscasts, including stacking, writing scripts, editing copy, making/ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors and reporters
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving collaboratively with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
• The ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
• Ability to enterprise local hard-news stories is required
• Computer knowledge, including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications, and Internet use
• College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience
• Two years of local television news experience or equivalent
• Drug screening required for employment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxv26-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.